Education is essential in breaking the cycle of hunger, poverty and ignorance. It lays the foundation for sustained economic growth. These initiatives encourage and empower the minds and hearts of the future teachers, doctors, engineers and others, who will go on to influence their communities, nations and ultimately the world. Our Smart Education programme promotes literacy rate, improves standards of education and strengthens the education system through diminishing problems in access to quality education by the neglected classes of the society. Our NGO – Noida Lok Manch is working for upliftment of under-privileged community for spreading quality education among downtrodden and deprived children.
Education Support Programme:
The District Administration, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida has given us Eleven Government Primary Schools in the Bisrakh Block Area for the improvement in their overall education. Since the mandate given by the District Administration is limited, our focus will be on:-
- Providing basic infrastructure like toilet facilities, power connections, swachhata abhiyan etc.
- Installing solar plant to provide solar power
- Providing computers and computer class for 4th and 5th class. If it is feasible for 3rd class, it will be pursued also.
- Supplement with books, storey-telling, posters etc. so as to make it more interesting.
- Organize on voluntary basis after the class period extra-curricular activities like music, martial arts, skill development etc.
- Organizing functions in every quarter to encourage the students and motivate them for patriotic feelings, social service and creative activities.
- To pursue supplementary remedial teaching/Purak Shiksha
- To provide Teaching Aids along with games and audio visual facility.
- To organize health check-up camps for students and teachers.
- To organize story-telling sessions and various competition.
- Recognition and awards to good students and teachers
- To provide uniform/shoes to have-nots students.
- Visit to schools by our volunteers twice a week to follow up the basic needs of the schools.
- The children are basically from the tenant families, the migratory labour and from the weaker strata of society and used to sit on the floor in the school. Inadequate teaching staff is also there. Our educated volunteers will render their services atleast two hours daily to help the school staff in teaching etc.